Senior or Principal Consultant, Steer Economic Development [Ref: SED41]
About the role
In 2016, Steer launched a new integrated economic development practice, Steer Economic Development. Working across places, sectors and markets we provide a rounded economic development offer covering: innovation, enterprise, infrastructure, housing and skills.
We have grown significantly over the last three years and started to establish ourselves as a leading practice. Our clients include the central government departments and agencies, Combined Authorities, Local Enterprise Partnerships, cross-sector partnerships, universities, and private sector clients.
We have ambitious plans for further growth and are now looking for two experienced and driven people to develop senior-level roles within our ambitious and fast-growing consultancy.
We are looking for experienced economic development professionals with a range of relevant technical skills and the ability to manage challenging projects. The role involves working with existing clients and developing relationships with new ones.
- Principal and Seniors Consultants (positions offered will depend on candidates’ experience and skills);
- Manage and deliver projects (to time, cost, and required quality) as a Project Manager;
- Deliver high quality quantitative and qualitative consultancy and analysis, and produce high quality written reports;
- Manage multi-disciplinary teams and support the development of junior team members;
- Lead and/or contribute to the submission of proposals to support work-winning; and
- Maintain and develop client relationships and develop contact network to help build our client base and strengthen the team.
Requirements for this role
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Strong numeric and analytical skills;
- Demonstrable project manager skills and experience;
- Passionate and informed about economic development in the UK;
- Highly motivated with an appetite to grow the business;
- Commitment to broadening and deepening personal skills-sets and knowledge;
- A team player with a strong commitment to supporting the development of junior staff;
- Be educated to degree level (2:1 or equivalent, or higher).
We are Steer and we help people, places and economies thrive. Founded in 1978, Steer is a global business consultancy specialising in transport, cities and infrastructure, with over 450 staff in 20 offices around the world.
We have an enduring commitment to generate success for our clients, for ourselves and in the communities in which we work. A commitment that helps improve infrastructure, cites and transport, and ultimately the way people live, work and travel.
Why join us
We believe in empowering our people and giving them the opportunities to shine. Being an employee-owned company means that our people are dedicated and passionate about what they do, and it is the reason why we are at the forefront of our industry.
Steer is an equal opportunities employer and encourages applications regardless of age, race, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy/maternity or gender. Part-time and flexible working applications will be considered.
Closing date for applications: 23 November 2020