Economic Development Graduate Scheme
We are seeking high-calibre individuals with a good academic background, strong people and organisation skills and a passion for changing the world! Working in a full-time role, you will immediately become involved in real project work from day one. As a graduate you will be expected to deliver the full range of consultancy work and develop your consultancy skills through a combination of on-the-job learning as well as a structured development and mentoring programme.
About our graduate scheme
We are always looking for gifted, motivated graduates to join our Graduate Scheme. If you are considering your future and are looking for somewhere to make a real difference, Steer Economic Development has much to offer.
During our eighteen-month Graduate Scheme you will work together with our team of industry experts to address some of the most complex problems in the sectors we operate. As part of our Graduate Scheme you will receive:
- an award-winning programme that provides you with the skills needed for a career in consultancy;
- personalised development programme focusing on industry knowledge, consultancy skills, technical training, project management and core business skills;
- a range of onboarding activities, including meeting your fellow graduates, personal development planning and learn more about Steer and our culture;
- mentoring from senior members who will work with you to develop your skills; and
- ‘buddy’ support from a previous graduate who will help you settle in to life at Steer.
- We are seeking high-calibre graduates with a good academic background, strong people and organisation skills and a passion for changing the world!
- Applicants must be educated to degree level (at least 2:1 or equivalent) with all subjects considered, preferably with a quantification or research element included.
About Steer Economic Development
In 2016, Steer launched a new integrated economic development practice, Steer Economic Development. Working across places, sectors and markets we provide a rounded economic development offer covering: innovation, enterprise, infrastructure, housing and skills.
We have grown significantly over the last three years and started to establish ourselves as a leading practice. Our clients include the central government departments and agencies, Combined Authorities, Local Enterprise Partnerships, cross-sector partnerships, universities, and private sector clients. We have ambitious plans for further growth, and we are looking for ambitious and driven people to expand our team and help grow our business.
Economies and places are constantly evolving to meet new demands, new ideas and new technologies. Mixing rigour and technical expertise with an open-minded, imaginative approach, we help our clients maximise opportunity and realise value within this rapidly changing landscape. Steer graduates develop consultancy insights and skills to mix rigorous analysis with technical expertise to create value for clients. We are also the only company to be in the UK’s “Top 100 Companies for Graduates to Work For” from 2011 to 2019.
Why join us
We believe in empowering our people and giving them the opportunities to shine. Being an employee-owned company means that our people are dedicated and passionate about what they do, and it is the reason why we are at the forefront of our industry.
Steer is an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications regardless of age, race, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy/maternity or gender. Part time and flexible working applications will be considered.
Closing date for applications: 8 November 2020